Do you get your energy out of complex troubleshooting and working on high tech equipment? Can you handle the demands to maximize the uptime of your tools? Are you that team player who helps bring your colleges to a higher level? We might be looking for you!
NXP Semiconductors N.V. provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 35 countries, over 45.000 employees and a revenue of over $10 billion.
ICN8 is the largest 8“integrated circuits wafers fab in Europe. It is a high-tech environment with many multi discipline challenges, housing over 450 manufacturing tools (ASML, ASM/TEL, Applied Material, LAM) and 150 measurement tools (inline inspections, end of inline testing).
The Metrology, AMHS, PCM & Defectivity (MAPD) section provides measurement data from production and monitor wafers to monitor the quality of products and manufacturing machines.
Reports to the manager. Supports manufacturing and , Process Sustaining and Enhancement (PSE) and Equipment and Process Engineering (EPE). In this role you are responsible as equipment engineer for a specific set of metrology tools.
As equipment Engineer you are responsible for the tool performance with special focus on the more complex problems. The main objectives are safety, quality and solving complex failures. There is a strong emphasis on optimizing and continuously improving the metrology tools.
Besides problem analyzing and solving you will actively develop and introduce process improvement on product quality, throughput, scrap-reduction, cost savings and reduction of repeaters. Reporting relevant KPIs and managing improvement teams (TOP, RCMg, TAPP).
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Responsible to maintain and continuously improve your equipment, that meet the safety and quality requirements of NXP and comply with the applicable standards. And validation on the shop floor.
• Proactively connects with Manufacturing and transfers improvement ideas concerning structural technical problems, material quality issues and bottlenecks into improvement actions, involve other sections and departments if applicable and drive these actions until successful implementation
• Use technical knowledge and experience to contribute in improvement projects
• Define the required quantity and secure the availability of production tools, initiate upgrades, support maintenance actions and solve safety issues
• Coordinates quality related escalations to customers and support Manufacturing in securing production progress.
HTS level in Mechatronics, Physics, Mechanical engineering, Automotive engineering, Electronics or other relevant technical area.
• Good organizational skills
• Languages: Good Dutch and English knowledge in speaking and writing.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, process optimization, statistical process control, FMEA and Quality Management Systems (preferred)
• Raising the bar; Analytical, pragmatic, pro-active and customer oriented
• Engages curiosity; Self-assured and able to engage and convince people, also at higher management levels
• Takes initiative; shows ownership, hands on mentality
• Working together; Is a reliable team player, listens to and absorbs other ideas and opinions. Good social/communication skills on different levels
• Developing deep core competences; is a quick learner, able to prioritize and operate independently and adapt to changing circumstances focusing on quality and continuous improvement.
• Willing to learn something new from scratch, as the semiconductor industry is not comparable to anything else.
Young professional program gives several opportunities on fast growth in technical and personal skills. ICN8 is an ideal environment to learn the ‘real world of manufacturing’. This is good basis for future career as Equipment Engineer