Introduction to the job
The Lead Senior Azure Data engineer translates business demand in solution designs, leveraging the big data design patterns and architectural guiderails. The Lead Senior data engineers aligns identifies dependencies and overlap with other business demand and ensures that the team executes according to business requirements.
Role and responsibilities
The Lead Data engineers manages his stakeholders by aligning on solution design challenges and choices made to address the business requirements. They collaborates with solution architects, competence, development team and business to ensure consistency in the overall big-data landscape.
During the development of solutions, the Sr. data engineers leads their team so that it adhering to the architectural guidance and that deviations are understood and accepted.
Education and experience
- SQL background, understanding the concepts of OLAP/BI querying patterns, and has paratactical knowledge in creating these solutions to support this.
- Data modelling experience, preferably on non-business process data domains (e.g. IOT, machine data)
- 5+ years (hands-on) experience with designing and building robust solutions for storing very large quantities of raw data of different sizes in the proper technology solution (eg. Object Storage, Azure blob )
- 2+ years (hands-on) experience in designing and building both batch and streaming architectures
- 2+ years (hands-on) experience with columnar storage formats, and backends (Parquet, Data lake)
- Experienced integrating SQL engines into solutions (e.g. Impala, Drill)
- 2+ years (hands-on) experience with big data (hybrid) cloud concepts and implementations
- Being fluent in at least one programming languages, Python, Java or.net.
- Experience with cloud native service Azure Synapse, SQL ADX, Databricks & Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions.
- Hands on and leading proof of concepts and securing learning in the industrialized solutions.
- Strong conceptual thinker, has the ability to think ahead and share the lessons learnt with both technology and business stakeholders.
- Strong communicator, has the ability to effectively manage stakeholders within both Business and IT and can lead a team of data engineers.
- Experience working with Agile Release trains.
- Positive ‘Can-do’ attitude. Experienced in dealing with a broad spectrum of stakeholders when interest can be conflicting.
- Designs solutions and also willing to get hands dirty to bring these solution to life.
- Can work on his/her own, has the ability to find the right people for the right questions.