FunctieomschrijvingAs senior product Engineer you are responsible for the definition of the productization strategy. Contribute to Time-To-Market, characterization plan, qualification plan, volume ramp-up plan, optimize costs by streamlining test software as well as test infrastructure in Europe and offshore.
In the definition phase of a new product, you will represent Product Engineering in a multidisciplinary team to develop the validation & characterization strategy. You will specify the DfX (Design for Analysis, Yield, Manufacturability) requirements. You will act as liaison between different disciplines inside and outside the Product Line with Test Engineers, IC designers / IC architects, Quality Engineers, wafer fabs and Assembly centers.
During the evaluation phase of the new silicon the Product Engineer contributes to the validation and characterization process, executing and reporting on ESD, Latch-Up, temperature characterizing. Next to that, you will evaluate rejects of life-test experiments and evaluate the product performance using Shmoo and other techniques. You are responsible for the alignment and setting of datasheet limits, test limits to ensure operational performance.
During the Industrialization phase the Product Engineer will prepare the product for mass production & coordinate the safe-launch and volume ramp-up. Thereby you will analyze the 1st production results and write the Industrial Producibility Report to provide evidence to the stakeholders that the product is suitable for mass production.
Besides of project execution, there are different work groups in our Product Line to improve the quality & output efficiency. If you have good ideas or will to learn more, there are always places for your further growth.
Cooperate in multidisciplinary teams (like test engineering, design, quality, product marketing, assembly, manufacturing, diffusion, customer complaint handling, failure analysis, etc.)
A senior engineer analyses undefined problems or choses an existing solution (combining solutions) and takes initiatives within own function. Flags problems in a project, within their expertise.
Opportunities to travel to Far East locations like test and assembly sites Thailand, Taiwan and China or diffusion site Singapore.
• MSc in Electrical Engineering, preferably with experience in IC Development, Test & Product Engineering, IC Manufacturing Engineering and/or Semiconductor Quality Engineering
• Project Management skills
• Good communication and reporting skills in English
• 5 - 10 years’ experience in semiconductor industry
• Convincing influencer, able to operate independently.
• Balances strategic vision with strong execution, can get things done.
• Willing to travel to NXP locations worldwide.
• Recommended skill sets: Engineering Management, Product Engineering, FMEA, Yield Engineering, Green/Black Belt/8D project experience, Diffusion process knowledge (HV CMOS or FinFET processes), Non-Volatile Memory knowledge, Risk assessments (FMEA)