NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) makes products and environments safer, more sustainable, and more secure with innovative connectivity and edge processing solutions for a smarter world.
We are in the business of better. Not just better technologies, but better innovations to improve society. As the world leader in secure connectivity and processing solutions for embedded applications, NXP is solving the world’s most complex technology challenges to accelerate business innovation, enhance how we work, and advance how we live. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 30 countries, over 29.000 employees and a revenue of over $9 billion.
Department / Project
The Automotive System Innovations (ASI) team is part of the Chief Technology Office (CTO) department of NXP Semiconductors. We drive innovation on system level for the automotive businesses in applications like highly automated and safe driving, audio, radar systems, in-vehicle networking, artificial intelligence, battery management systems, as well as mobile robotics. We innovate by combining technologies, IPs, and products from different NXP entities, and by participating in collaboration projects with customers, universities, and research institutes. Together with the Business Lines, we anticipate future technology trends and gather innovative system and application insights for the BL roadmaps by developing innovative automotive system prototypes, often in co-operation with external partners and customers.
The project team is responsible for the identification, exploration and development of system innovations for NXP’s Automotive application areas like Automotive networking architecture, Vehicle to Vehicle and Infrastructure communication, Radar systems, and ADAS.
- Develop and bring up proof-of-concept analysis and measurement setups:
· Gather their requirements and prepare proof-of-concept systems for detailed analysis
· Use lab equipment to measure relevant system, network and product metrics
- Hardware/Software integration:
· Integration of hardware and software into proof-of-concept, distributed system setups for measurements and analysis
· Modify the distributed system when and where needed for dedicated investigations and test scenarios
- Microcontroller and Linux-based microprocessor software development:
· Compilation of source code using among others GNU tools, cmake, Yocto-based Automotive Linux BSP build system, S32 Design Studio
· Debugging, tracing, analysis and testing using among other GNU tools, JTAG debuggers and trace equipment
• BSc or MSc in a technical specialism, like Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
• 5+ years of experience in Hardware and Software Engineering
• Experience with setting up measurement and analysis setups using various lab equipment, such as traffic generators and traffic/logic analyzers
• Hands-on experience working with cross-compilation toolchains for ARM, IDEs and SDKs
• Experience with embedded microprocessors and microcontrollers (ARM/PowerPC)
• Knowledge of communication networking protocols and standards, at the physical, data link and network layers
• Knowledge of RTOS principles and APIs, such as scheduling and memory management
• Knowledge of C, C++ and Python languages, libraries and design patterns
• Knowledge of build systems (cmake, Yocto, buildroot, etc.)
• Knowledge of GNU/Linux, kernel and (networking) driver software development
• Preferred: Hands-on experience with Ethernet and Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN)
• Preferred: Hands-on experience with Service-oriented Architectures (SoA) and supportive middleware, such as ROS, DDS or AUTOSAR SOME/IP
• Preferred: Familiarity with semiconductor/automotive field
• Excellent communication skills in English (verbal /written)
• Experience in working in/with multi-site and multi-cultural projects/teams