For one of our clients we are looking for a Junior Surface Analysis Engineer who will provide material analysis at all stages of a product lifetime.
Department / Project
The Surface Analysis team within the Product Diagnostic Center Nijmegen provides material analysis at all stages of a product lifetime using surface analysis techniques XPS/AES, ToF-SIMS and DSIMS. To further intensify the DSIMS (Dynamic Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry) activities we are looking for a junior engineer who can perform analyses supporting the high-quality level of the ICN8 waferfab, and at the same is able to broaden his knowledge in the other application areas.
- Supports business partners by means of characterization of materials, process and/or material problems related to surface contamination / composition
- Performs the necessary analyses to support these requests (Sample preparation, DSIMS)
- Reports the results, conclusions and advices in a clear and concise manner
- Improves methods and procedures for DSIMS
- Continuously upgrades own skills of surface analysis capabilities (tool, procedures and techniques)
- HBO level in chemical / material engineering with 0-2 years of experience
- Understanding of DSIMS principles and physics would be preferred but as this is a specific tool NXP uses knowledge of the tool is not required.
- Excellent communication skills, flexible and assertive
- English professional working proficiency, both orally and in writing
- Familiar with MS Office applications
- Able to work under pressure and tight timelines
- Pro-active working-attitude, team player
Position will start in regular Day Shift for the first 3-6 months to get up to speed in this position. When this is finished this position will become a 2-shift position (Monday to Friday – 06:00-14:30 and 14:00-22:30).